YOUR PRIVACY MATTERS
Effective Date: February 12, 2020
Our mission is to be clear and transparent about how and why we collect and use information and to empower you to control your personal information. You are not our product, you are our customer.
When Does this Policy Apply?
What Does it Say?
You should read this policy in full, but below are the highlights.
|What Personal Information Do We Collect about You?||
|Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?||
|How Do We Use Your Information?||We use your information for following purposes:
|Who Do We Share Your Information With?||We share your information in the following circumstances:
|How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?||You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe in any marketing message you receive from us.
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Don’t worry, just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you!
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you interact with our Services, we collect the following information:
- Contact Information: Your name, and email address.
- Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Internet Activity Information: Browsing history, information on how you interact on with advertisements we serve on behalf of our clients.
Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
We collect information about you from:
- You. When you provide your information on our website.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
- From Cookies & Other Technologies on our Website.
What are Cookies & Other Technologies?
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. web beacons, pixel techs and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
In most cases, yes! Visit our section on your privacy choices for more information on how to opt-out.
To Personalize Your Experience and Advertise
- To provide you with advertising that is more relevant to you when you are visiting a Foundry site or other websites that promote our services.
To Analyze and Improve the Website
- Analyze, operate and improve our website
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms of Service.
Security and Fraud Prevention
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
We may use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, provided we have obtained the required consent.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Our Clients.
- Service Providers. We engage Service Providers to provide services such as advertising, marketing, email, and cover wrap/packaging. We may share any information we collect about you with these Service Providers and authorize them to collect information from you directly to support the services they provide to us. We do not authorize our Service Providers to share your information with any other third parties.
- Legal Compliance, Business Transfers, and Other Disclosures. We disclose information about users of our Services when we believe the law requires it, for example, to respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, enforce our Terms of Service, or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our Services, the public, Meredith Corporation and the companies it owns, Service Providers, Clients, Data Partners, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Meredith or our affiliate.
How Can You Control Our Use of Your Information?
What Rights Do You Have?
- Right to Know – You have the right to know what personal information we collect use, disclose and sell about you.
- Right to Request Deletion - You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information we collect or maintain about you.
- Right to be Free From Discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
- Right to Access or Correct Your Information - You have the right to request access to and to edit certain personal information that you have provided to us.
While these rights are only legally required in certain jurisdictions, we do our best to honor these rights for all. If you are in the U.S. and wish to exercise your rights, please contact email@example.com.
What Other Choices do You Have?
We send marketing communications about the Foundry and its services. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe in any marketing message you receive from us.
Do Not Track
Additional Privacy Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information. We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the information that we collect. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 16 to provide us with any personal information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. If you're under 16, please do not register for the Sites or provide us with any personal information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
- Location of Your Data. The Foundry is a division of Meredith Corporation, a U.S. company, and your personal information will be transferred to, processed, stored and accessed by us, our Affiliated Companies and Service Providers in the United States and in other jurisdictions where we or they operate, which may not provide you with the same level of privacy protection as you are entitled to in your jurisdiction.
Meredith is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, or subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Meredith complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers from the EU and EEA, including onward transfer liability provisions.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has jurisdiction over Meredith’s compliance with its obligations under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. In certain situations, Meredith may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Meredith commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, you may submit your complaint at no cost to you to JAMS, our independent recourse mechanism, at https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In the event there are residual complaints that have not been resolved by JAMS, or any other means, you may seek a non-monetary remedy through binding arbitration to be provided to you in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
How Can You Learn More
How to Contact Us
225 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10281